January 31, 2007

First Friday Blog

As my group - Capital - went over the questionnaire for our client - I realized how much of a jump they have on many different aspects of the 'financial world.' It is reassuring to know that there are organizations who are able to be ethical and productive in most aspects of the business world. I also realized the importance of understand financial terms. If we are to consult - we have to be able to speak the language of our clients. I suppose I feel lucky to have chosen a major where I learned some of the key points – so I am not wondering and struggling in the future.

1 comment:

Frank Poulsen said...

I think our class today brought to light a new avenue for our capital group. It seems now that our focus is on how to help maneuver change for our client without incurring large cost. I think there are a number of questions that we could ask in order to help us make decisions about our strategy to facilitate this focus.

• What are the major change initiatives our client has defined?
• What is the general reaction to these initiatives?
• In terms of capital what are the costs associated with these changes?
• What kind of value will these changes create for the client?
• What strategies / tactics can we come up with to help relieve some of the cost burden?

Let’s see if we can answer some of these questions and any others you might add. We probably need to meet with someone with some decision making power in order to get these answered. Who would you guys suggest?