August 9, 2007

Sunshine & Summer Time

Can I just say that I love the Sunshine. More importantly I love, love - love love love - sitting or walking in the sunshine. Even in the freezing winter months I love walking up the hill and feeling the sunshine poke through the leaves on the trees (which are sadly no longer standing due to the new auditorium construction) on to my face. It reminds me of everything good and happy in my life. Reminds me to be greatfull for each opportunity to feel the sun on my face! I love sitting by the window with the sun coming in and reading - just basking in the warmth. Or even just laying in the grass - trying to make cloud objects.

I think sometimes I get so caught up in life and going to - feeling like I need to be doing something - that I forget to appreciate every day.

Today I walked down to my job interview - WALKED!!! - and it was amazing. I loved it - and I realized why I love this tiny town so much. Without the hustle of the students it is a peaceful place - where I have grown and learned much more than I ever dreamed possible. I walked past the first buildings in town - I am sure of it - and noticed the 'rustic' look - who knew there was a homemade craft store?! I think the buildings even have apartments over them! It struck me that there was so much history in this town that so many of the students just passed right by. So today I took a moment and thought about the stories the walls could tell - and remembered that it is the little things that make the biggest difference.

No comments: