July 30, 2008

Reflection

Standing in the bathroom - going through my usual routine.

*comb wet hair - towel dry hair so it looks like a wet dog - put in contacts - plug in straightener & hair dryer - comb hair again - put up in half bun thing so I can dry the bottom part - turn on the hot air - dry, dry, dry - straighten - repeat for top part of hair - eat breakfast - finish make-up - brush teeth*

I started to think. I thought about everything that I have accomplished in the past year or so. Graduation, Youth Programs, two fantastic learning experiences with guys (even though they both hurt like the dickens), two different banks, moving, snow - wind - rain - sunshine - hail - sand storm - cockroaches - spiders - humidity. I have done things I never thought I could - bought my very own car, driven to Utah and back by-my-self, coached a dance team (sooo funn!!), roomed with the best girls ever!, gone to three beautiful weddings, taught gospel doctrine, played the piano in sacrament. I have made some fantastic friends and come closer to my family - all of which who have helped me get through the terrible 2's (22.... terrible twos... ha!).

This made me wonder - who am I. As I looked in the mirror I could see all my imperfections - the huge round thing on my right eyebrow that won't seem to go away. The zits that Utah air seems to bring. Then I realized - I am Amber!!! a brick wall of unstoppable womanhood (thanks Christian...). I may not love all sports (more of a spectator for some) - I may not be the 'best' at any one thing - and I may LOOOVE to dance (which not many share such a passion) - but I am pretty cool. ;) go me!

So this is who I am a week after my 23rd birthday:
I am spunky.
I am goofy.
I am a Swing, Ballroom, living room, ridiculous looking 'stake dance' dancer.
I am passionate.
I fall hard - but gracefully.
I am fickle.
I am ridiculous.
I am talented.
I am loyal.
I am a shower singer.
I am thoughtful.
I am grateful most of the time.
I am occasionally moody.
I am hyper.
I am sad.
I am fantastic.
I am an open book.
I am diversified.
I am a cheerleader - from the background.
I am a good friend.
I am a hair-brush performer.
I am friend-happy.
I am dependable (unless it is something I reallllly don't want to do...then I should just learn to say no).
I am a sister, daughter, niece, grand-daughter, cousin.
I am a smile-a-holic.
I am a sob.
I am stressed out.
I am a bookworm.
I am pain - intolerant.
I am terrified of the ball.
I am adventurous.
I am not extra-ordinary - just me.
I am a tiger - and an eagle.
I am alive.
I am a daughter of God.
I am a fun junkie.
I am impatient.
I am musically inclined - but not excellent.
I am anxious.
I am a personal trainer - or atleast that is what I told my mom! lol
I am emotional.
I am motivated.
I am active.
I am work - play - and crazy - wrapped up in one.
I am overwhelming.
I am persistent.
I am a hard-worker.
I am overwhelmed.
I am a teacher.
I am an observer and a participant.
I am resilient.
I am in love - with life.

2 comments:

Second Helpings of Life said...

and I am in love with YOU!! (in a sisterly way- don't worry! whew!)

It sure has been a crazy year for you. Crazy impressive, I mean.

You are awesome. I like you for you (not because you look like Dirty Harry, because you don't), just the way you are. Not just because I am related to you.

Love you! I cannot wait for you to come back and visit me!

Lindsay said...

I love everything about Amber!