August 5, 2008

What is the world coming to?

Today I received a message from a good friend from college. As I read this story - I could not believe the injustice and seemingly unfairness that this family has stumbled into. While we have rapist and other 'bad men' running around our country --- we take the time and the money to imprison this man. Amazing....

"Hey Everyone,
My father, his attorney and many others want to share this story, found at the link below, with you so you know what kinds of injustice take place in our world everyday. Next time you vote for leaders, watch the news, etc. please remember that not everything is as it seems. The media twists stories, men sworn to uphold the law choose the easy path rather than doing what's right and many of us suffer the consequences. Because of these types of things my father, a good man, will likely be spending the next 18 months of his life in prison. The link below is my father's story as told by a group here in Idaho that promotes family values in communities across our state. Again, I ask that you read it and become more aware of things that happen around you. Thanks to all of you who have been a support for me through all of this. It has been hard for me and my family and I appreciate all of your patience with me through the stress that has been associated with this. "

http://www.idahovaluesalliance.com/news.asp?id=861

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

How sad! That poor girl, and her dad too! Sometimes people take their authority too far.