September 11, 2008

when I get married.....then I will....

Yesterday my mom and I had an interesting discussion about my social life -- and my lack of domestic skills - or at least the lack of their appearance in Las Vegas.

I suppose I sub-consciously decided that when I get married I will start to cook on a consistent basis. Currently I have really no reason to cook on a regular basis. On my days off during the week - I try to help and make some mean cuisine - but since those weekdays are not only a few times a month okay two it really does not happen that often. So I suppose you can see why my mom would be concerned.

I felt the need to reassure her that when I do not live at home, when I get off earlier, and even when I am visiting friends --- I enjoy making meals. At college in quite a few apts. I was the Sunday Dinner instigator as well as make some sort of food most nights. I will admit my last year of college I may not have been quite as ambitious -- only eating pasta, sandwiches or whatever I could throw together quickly. But that does not limit my recipe following skills.

I think that I do not share this portion of myself with others because we are content to go out to a restaurant and eat yummy food from there -- heck I live in Vegas! there are soo many options! ;)

And so --- never fear mom -- I do know how to cook --- and someday --
when I get married
I will be a little more adventurous and consistent in my food preparations skills... until then -- White Chocolate Grill -- here I come!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

We went to White Chocolate Grill for our anniversary. If only we could afford to go there more often! The spinach and artichoke dip (along with our other food) was absolutely delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking of it!

Michael said...

You are so hilarious! But let your mom know that it's so true! Now that I'm hitched I'm cooking all the time 'cause I have this desire to feed Michael's belly with yummy food instead of his usual cereal or peanut butter and honey sandwich for every meal! I love ya-Karalee :)

Pamela Williams said...

hey frenchbraid friend!

i totally understand. my older sisters, aunt, etc. are always telling me its something that we should prepare/master NOW for and make the habit for...but honestly cooking for just me doesnt seem like a good enough reason to do it. when i have a husband to cook FOR and keep happy then its worth it. im glad im not the only one that thinks this way

Second Helpings of Life said...

What is White Chocolate Grill?!?!?!

Sounds amazing.

Amber said...

White Chocolate Grill is a new resturant on Eastern -- I haven't been yet -- soo when you come - we will go!! :D