July 7, 2009

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Amazing.

Incredible.

I have been searching for a book to get lost in, because honestly I just needed a good book. This is it. This is what I was looking for. I am not as eloquent as some on reviews - so if you pop over to Janssen's entry here you will find a fabulous intro - and more reasons why you should hop on down to the library and pick it up.

Honestly - it has the perfect blend of everything. Not a "girl" or "guy" book. One that can cross the genders and speak to everyone. It is beautifully written, and the plot never seems to stop. It is a continuous stream of story, that envelopes you into their world. I would put this on my high list, and am seriously considering using my boarders gift card to go purchase it for my collection.

Janssen - I blame you for not telling me it was a sequel. Well - it was my own fault, I must of skipped over that part in your entry. ;)

So I am warning everyone, apparently it is going to be a trilogy. Now I am going to die waiting to read the rest.

Go now! :)

Also --- If you check this out -- advanced signed copy giveaway of the next book... WHAT!?!?! maybe maybe maybe I could - so then I do not have to wait in line to get it!!! word!

3 comments:

Braden and Jen said...

Cool! Just to let you know, you can get it new on Amazon for $11.46! :) Good to see you last weekend. Good luck with everything!

Janssen said...

YAY!! I am so glad you loved it.

Someone just sent me their advance copy yesterday, so hopefully it will show up soon. I am DYING to read it.

Second Helpings of Life said...

You failed to mention it was part of a series to me too, big sister. But that would not have prevented me from reading it.

AMAZING. Loved this book! I cannot wait for the next. You, my dear sister, are responsible for ensuring that I know about the release of the next book. You got me into this mess. ;-)

You're the best.