August 31, 2009

Have you heard this yet?

http://www.michaelbuble.com/haventmetyouyet/

oh no!? you should click that link then.... because it is amazing!!! Love him.


So this weekend I received this text
"So it seems like you have a lot of guys chasing you."

my response
"WHAT?!"

Now my brain has started working and thinking and wondering. I do not understand where this thought came from. I have not seen or talked to him in months, and after ONE day (one fantastic day- fun filled - mind you) he says that... makes me wonder what I said or what impression I gave him.

Do I get asked on dates? Yes (esp. now that my best friend is gone to utah... *sigh*)
Do I like going on dates? Yes (dating is fun.... always a new experience, although I won't lie.. .it is getting monotonous - but I am not going to complain).
Do I have anyone chasing me? No - not to my knowledge, at least none that are actually serious. I have more than enough guy FRIENDS to fill my life, but none that are chasing me. Most of the time I actually contact them to hang out or do things b/c honestly I am not a fan of hanging out by myself. (crazy... I know!) occasionally I get asked out... (let's not count the past two weeks...it is an outlier - 3 potential dates in one weekend... not normal.)

So to me I do not understand where he is coming from. He, must not not realize that I seriously have too many guys friends. in fact - outside of my married girl friends (which are many...many many) I have 4 or 5 single girls I make a conscience effort to hang out with outside my sisters. (there was one more - but she left on a mission 3 weeks ago...and one of my sister's is not even single, she's engaged!). With such few girls that I actually do things with, you can find me hanging out with a different guy most every time you see me. Perhaps that would give him the impression I am being chased. Too bad all of these guys like to tell me all about the girls they are asking out, getting my opinion on them, ask who I think they should go out with, complain about the different experiences they have. It is nice - I have lots of older brothers.

But Wait - He does not see me every day - in fact I have not seen him, (despite my attempts to contact him) for - almost 7 months I think. So I wonder, why did he say that statement. More importantly - why will he not respond to me now!

4 comments:

Cariann said...

I think you should leave your cell phone at home when you come see me!!! In like a week!!

Packrat said...

Amber, you have to don't post this okay? If I make you mad/sad feel free to chew me out via email. Remember I only wish you to be happy.

My first impression? The guy is a jerk/idiot.

My opinion? He is tormenting you which in a way is a form of abuse. No matter what you feel for him, he is stringing you along. Cut the strings/binds/chains. Run. Fast. Far. Far away. (If not physically, then mentally.) Do not contact him in any way. If he contacts you, just say "I'm not interested. BYE" and hang up.

My daughter is experiencing similar boy problems now, too. Personally, I'd like to take a whole bunch of them (boys, because they sure aren't acting mature) and knock some MAJOR sense into them. Should I gather some of your male "friends" in, too?

Amber said...

Leave my phone at home, wow -- that is asking alot of me, my dear. How's about I bring it... and leave it on vibrate, and not look at it very often! :) promise --- I am sooo excited to see you!!! yes!

Packrat, I would love for you to gather the bulk of my guy friends in. They could use some sense, if not for me, then for the other girls they are interested in. :)

Pamela Williams said...

ha ha, thats funny. i DO see you with a different guy everytime though. im glad you have so many guy friends though