May 28, 2008

"the cockroach"

*Started this entry a few days ago and was inspired by Becca to finish it... if you find this one interest - you should read hers!! her bugg is scary looking!*

I despise bugs. I dislike them so much that I can not even express it with words. Vegas is filled with cockroaches --- millions and millions of them - everywhere. I have a theory that we do not really sit on the grass here in Vegas b/c there are cockroaches everywhere. Honestly - who wants to deal with those creepy bugs crawling on them? NOT I!!!!!! I believe this is why the bug/pest control guys do so well here --- too many cockroaches and black widows - creepy bugs - who wants their child picking up one of those and eating them?? ah! makes me shiver just thinking about it...

Well --- my parents used to use one of those 'bug guys' - but now they have decided that it is much more effective and cheaper to just do it themselves when ever there seems to be a few more alive bugs coming into our home than usual. Well while my sister and Rob were here - apparently Kim found a LIVE SPIDER in my shower -- ahhhhhh! That was it - I decided I was going to clean my bathroom - and then mom was going to spray. Unfortunately I could not clean until my day off on Wed -- sooo I just prayed I would not be the lucky one to find the creepy crawlers.

On Tuesday even I came home from hanging out with some friends. I when I pulled up I noticed that the great room light was still one - meaning my dad was still up. I was super tired so I promptly went in the house - and started getting ready for bed. I went into the bathroom and took out my contacts - and then started to brush my teeth. I was probably in the bathroom for about two minutes or so. I was brushing my teeth very innocently when I glanced up and noticed A HUGE COCKROACH in the reflection of the mirror. I let out a little scream and looked closer. It was crawling up the wall between the medicine cabinet and the mirror. I squealed a little more and finished brushing my teeth in record time. I started getting the heebie-jeebies - and freaking out a little bit. Possibly even doing the "ewwwww--- bug dance".

I raced upstairs to find my dad quietly working on the computer. He looked at my panicked face and asked if that was me screaming - and what was wrong. --- okay ---- if you heard someone screaming downstairs about 11:15pm, don't you run to see if they are okay and what see what the commotion is about? -- I would be running - are you okay - what is going on? very concerned is how I imagine myself. perhaps I think too highly of myself - because my dad did not even move. and when I came up - he just looked at me and casually say - "was that you screaming down stairs??"

Of course it was me! who else would it be! THERE IS A COCKROACH IN MY BATHROOM! Sooo I panted to him -"Dad - come quick - there is a cockroach -in my bathroom.."
Dad's response: "So Kill it."
Me: It's crawling on the WALL" apparently he was missing the urgency and gravity of the situation. There was a cockroach - crawling - on my wall!!! And I needed him - to come KILL it - NOW -- before it crawled on my toothbrush.... (even the thought now gives me the goose bumps).
I pleaded with him - "PPPPPPPLEEEEEEEEASE COME KILL IT. I neeed you too!!!"
Finally he consents - and tells me to go find a shoe. Super daddy to the rescue! came to kill my cockroach. I squirmed and stood far far away from the bathroom. I am a little nervous as to where this creepy crawler came from - and I now have a new toothbrush from the thought of the creepy creature possibly touching mine!!! ekk!

The next morning my mom asked if I was screaming last night --- and then a little later my brother asked the same thing. This made me start to evaluate my family --- honestly - if I really was in trouble - would they just ignore it!? I do not scream every day at 11:30pm -- but it diminished my faith in my family... what am I going to do if I am really in trouble - maybe something a little bit more than the 'mirror cockroach'? will my family just brush it off as nothing? will I be left to fend for myself when the centipede or spider or robber is threatening my life?

No comments: