October 11, 2008

High School Tag

So I haven't really ever done one of these -- but got tagged - and figured it would be fun to pass on too!!


1. Did you date someone from your school? What 'dates' I went on -- yes.

2. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't drive during high school -- but I rode in lots of cute little cars. Tyler's truck/April's gold-then silver Saturn/George's various family cars/my parent's van or little car... and soo many more!

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? hmmmm -- embarrassing moments --- I can not really think of anything. I was just plain awkward to be honest.

4. Were you a party animal? hmm - social activities, church dances,

5. Were you considered a flirt? I do not think so - akward remember - although I was in love with George & Tyler most of my HS career.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? ahhh yeah! I played Clarinet my freshman year... but I hated marching... sooo Sophomore year I tried Theatre --- and Junior & Senior year I sang in choir. I was soprano section leader my senior year. ooo -- and I pretended to be able to play the piano... but mostly I just played parts during practice. oh yeah -- and I was in Madrigals my senior year also! ;)
ps... I do not think that people who choose to increase their talents are dorks... cough cough Britt...j/k

7. Were you a nerd? hmmm -- depends on what 'nerd' constitutes. I was in all honors and advanced placement classes -- I graduated high honors -- but I didn't really go out of my way to study or anything. I just liked school.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? nope nope nope --- I danced my entire life... soo sports were out for me. Although if I could have picked a sport - I probably would have wanted to do Soccer... ;)

9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? No.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? hmmm - I was taking money to my sister last night and heard the fight song -- and started humming along. I think I played it a million times my freshman year.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Loya & Pope - my junior and senior English teachers. My music theory AP teacher (yes-- I was a declared music major at UNLV... music ed... then I changed my mind....and went to BYU-Idaho... Business Finance)

12. Where did you sit during lunch? in the court yard in front of the cafeteria -- freshman year by my English class on the stairs. Sophomore year - either at the table closer to the offices or with George and his friends. Junior & Senior year at 'Our table' in the middle of the court yard.

13. School mascot? SKY - HAWKS! whoot whoot!

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? Only went my Senior year --with Miles Orton (who looked super nice...) it was the craziest date I have ever been on... meaning nothing worked out for him! Poor Kid. We decided to go two days before - I hated my dress...that shiny forest green lacy thing... - my dad asked him what his intentions were (we were -- friends -- that's it) - he didn't really want to dance - the place we went to dinner -- well we couldn't find it! I do not even remember what we ended up eating that night. annnd -- yeah.. that's all I remember. but being with Miles was fun - just sad that everything went wrong. lol

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No, I like my independence and not being pressured to be someone other than myself.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? My name is Amber Allen - so that means I sat on the front row - in the first seat - on the corner. We had a million more guys than girls - so most of the guys had to march twice. I remember the speakers talking - but I have no recollection what they spoke about.

17. Where did you go on senior skip day? So I was really excited about Senior Skip day -- waiting all my years till I could actually skip a day -- and not feel guilty. Well my mom told me that if I skipped she would find some way to call the truant officer and have me spend a night in Jail. true story So --- I didn't ditch b/c knowing my mom - she would find some way....

18. Were you in any clubs? Swing Dance Club, A 'new to the school' helpers club, hmmm there was something else b/c I got a cord for it... can't remember though.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? gained and lost -- now I'm back down-maybe even less -- but I look a million times different... I grew'd up! no glasses, braces, I wear a little make-up, actually do my hair -- care what I am wearing. :)

20. Who was your prom date? I only went to my Junior Prom -- with Tyler Smith --- it was perfect for my 16-yr old life. I loved my dress - dinner was soo fun -- I loved dancing - I was treated like a princess the whole evening, although the week leading up to it - we almost didn't go! He kissed someone else... drama, drama, drama is my dating life -- even at 16!

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? 5 more years -- heck why not!! :)

22. What cliques were you in? I was really a social butterfly (still am) - I hung out with lots of different 'cliques' - because I made friends with all types of people over the four years. I guess we could group them into a few categories: Band, LDS, Choir

I tag - Lindsay, Hop, Kim, Cynthia, Pamela - and anyone who would like to do this... ;) kinda interesting looking back!

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Wasn't Mrs. Pope the most awesome teacher? I LOVED her.