January 6, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Today - I feel awful. I pray I'm not getting sick-- but I am afraid it is too late for that.

So here are so good things that made me smile.

*Sugar Cookies at Subway*
I have been waiting all year -- and last year -- for these cookies to come to the Vegas market. They are the best. Do not believe me? just walk/drive yourself to your nearest subway and take a taste. yummy - sugar - deliciousness.

*Ginger Ale*
This is the best soda pop made on the planet. Makes your stomach stop gurgling End of story.
*Funny Customers*
The perks of being at the same branch for an extended amount of time is that you really get to know your customers - and vice versa. I love that my customers remember certain facts about me - or things I am going to do and ask about it on the return. In return I love learning about the various lives and taking part in them.
*Freshly Washed Blankets*
Last night I put some of the blankets in the laundry - and pulled them out of the dryer this morning. I love the smell of freshly laundered stuff. Smells sooo good.
*Carry-over text messages*
I am notorious for falling asleep while texting - or talking - or emailing - or reading. This morning I woke up to a nice text message from my friend.
*Chatting with my Mom*
My mom always seems to be full of wisdom for me. Even if I do not want to hear it. :)
*Reading*
I just finished The People of Sparks - such a fantastic series thus far. Today at lunch I started a sequel to Ender's Game.... just as good thus far! ;)

1 comment:

Cariann said...

I need my Amber back!