March 18, 2009

Oh where, oh where can my library card be....

I finished Dramarama by E. Lockhart tonight. As I debated whether or not I wanted to dash off to the library to find a book for lunch tomorrow - I started to look for my library card. Can I explain the panic that consumed the next FIVE minutes as I racked my brain trying to figure out where I left it last.

See, usually I leave it in my car - in the little tray - so that I always know where it is - and have quick access to it when I have my "10-min-till-the-library-closes" panic. Tonight it was not there. Nor was it in my wallet. Or my purse. I dumped everything out of my purse - which consisted of my checkbook, wallet with various gift cards waiting to be used, glasses case, and schedule for work. I pulled out my little wallet with my id and cards in it. It was no where to be found. I thought about my jeans pocket... but they were in the wash, and I had checked the pockets. usually when I forget or neglect to do this, I end up with gum stuck to my clothes. I have become quite diligent recently in the pocket checking.

My panic increased as I realized I had no earthy clue where it could be. I turned and glanced at my night stand, my little cloth drawer unit - nope nope not there. As I did one last glancing sweep over my room - I spotted a pile of business cards sitting on my alarm clock/ipod station. I quickly hopped over -- and there at the very bottom of the pile was my precious library card. JOY!!!!!!!

So now I have the following books on reserve.... okay I went a little over board. oh well...

The hunger games / Suzanne Collins. -- well this one was on reserve from before - and it says it is "in-transit" -- which means I get to read it soooon!!
Magyk / Angie Sage
Flyte / Angie Sage
Physik / Angie Sage

Queste / Angie Sage
The thief / by Megan Whalen Turner.
That summer / Sarah Dessen.
Sun and moon, ice and snow / Jessica Day George.
The smile / Donna Jo Napoli.

When am I going to have time to read all these books? heck - I've already read Graceling, The Disresputable History, Jellicoe Road, Ender in Exile, All three of the Fable Haven books, Stealing Heaven, Savvy, and a few others I can not think of right now. Never mind my lesson for Gospel Doctrine. :)

**Note: I linked some of the books to Janssen's fantastic reviews - because frankly - I get many book suggestions from her recommendations. I love to see what her take was on a book - and her reviews never let me down. Plus her blog is just a good 'everyday read'.

4 comments:

Janssen said...

Aw, you're so nice!

I'm hoping to start The Thief this week - Bart checked it out from the library last week.

Pamela Williams said...

you know, i was never a big reader until i met jeff. he totally made me appreciate literature so kudos to you & your frequent visit to the library...

anyway, im glad you found your card

Packrat said...

Yeah, Janssen's blog is pretty cool.

Oh, I really hate those panic moments of not being able to find something. Happens to me way too often. Yesterday it was my cell phone. (I even tried calling it, but couldn't hear it ringing. Yes, I finally found it in my purse.)

Glad you found your library card.

Second Helpings of Life said...

Oh my goodness.... to read a book merely for pleasure.... *sigh* I'm glad someone on the planet can still do it.

Losing things can be quite disconcerting.

Packrat- I lost my phone this morning. Still haven't found it. I wish I could find it in my purse. haha