February 2, 2015

Change is hard

Change is hard.  Whether you are trying to change your diet, your spending habits, a process or preceding, the people you spend time with. Whatever it might be the fact of the matter is change is just part of life.  This is something I am still coming to terms with.

For my little family having Zz was a huge change and adjustment.  My husband and I loved going out to movies, out to eat and just being social in general.  Since Zz  came we have had to adjust our budget, spending habits, as well as our schedule.   And it has been hard - rewarding - but hard.  I found our priorities shifted - we are still social we just hang out with others at their/our home instead of at the movies. I feel like Zz was one of the easiest- hard changes I've made.

I wrote the above in August.

It is now Feb 2nd and I stand by my previous thoughts.

Change is Hard.

Luckily - I am provided a lot of opportunity to learn from it right now.  When I started this post I was a full-time working mom, my husband was in the process of a major career change, and that was only the beginning.  Since then we have sold our first home in Vegas and moved to our current temporary home in Utah while my husband gains experience and knowledge in his new field of choice.  Did I ever mention how much I hate moving?  Despise it.  I am now a full time mom, and I am on a new adventure.

Sometimes I miss working - I mean you get a break from your kids.

Every day.

Being a mom is exhausting.  When does she learn to put her toys away?!  Sick Days? No Longer!  Days off?  I laugh - really?  I can honestly say that I have never worked like I am working now.

But the rewards of staying home are priceless.

No comments: