January 15, 2008

I should be sleeping....

Well - I should be sleeping right now - but instead I am reading my friends blogs - and their friends blogs - and I now have too many thoughts running through my head.

Since I last updated the world on my life - I have moved to Vegas. Which has been the best thing I could have done - and the hardest.

There are a few things that I do not like about my recent adventure - thus far- as a whole.
First - would be this seeming need I feel to prove myself. I dislike-strongly the 'introduction' - 'getting to know you' phase of any relationship. Now I know that I have a few different layers (maybe a little more to me than I may show on the surface) but why is it that people seem to be so surprised when they find out information about me? Yes - I am blonde - kinda ditzy - but I do have a brain - and yet another surprise - I like to USE it! Joy! oh wait -- I KNOW how to use it... anyways - I realize that this is an essential part of relationship building and such --- I just wish I knew how to by-pass it. (and it isn't always an awful thing - but really how many times will I have to tell someone where i graduated from - what degree i received - what I am doing now - and have them act shocked!?) --- on the other hand -- I love making new friends and getting to know people, you take the good with the bad.

Second - I am a little frustrated with the 'game' one must play. I do not mind playing - but I feel like I am becoming a little cynical to the whole situation. for example: I find it more interesting to watch other people play the game and make side commentary and predictions - and be right -- than to actually take part in the fight-for-eligible-bachelor's that seems to commence. I guess I have decided that Mr.Right will come - and pay me some attention eventually -- right? ;) As much as I might like to be in control - I can't stand when the guy can't take some initiative --

Third - now why is it that the guys initial go after the amazingly cute - drop dead - gorgeous girls ---- when in the end they don't like them... I mean I love the first few weeks of the semester - just watch some time --- **guys swarm after the cute new flavors- when in reality they just like the vanilla --- but in the mean time - vanilla can't figure out where everyone went - and wonders what was wrong with her - when in reality... there isn't. ** (perhaps that was just a continuation of the previous...)

Fourth- "she's the type of girl I could see myself married too.....but I don't' know if I like her enough to date" --- what does that mean exactly??? can someone explain that one. (now it hasn't been said to me directly - but I've heard it a few times....)

Fifth- (not something we can change... but oh well) I am having a hard time with people thinking I am young.... I know 22 is young --- and I look even younger --- but it's not like I am not doing something with my life ---I've had quite a few experiences - and I thought 19 was young.....

Now a few things I have enjoyed about my new adventure:
First - I enjoy being the 'new-old face' --- I like knowing people - and getting to know more people. as much as I dislike the phase of life I'm in -- I do thrive on it! I am enjoying becoming re-acquainted with my many long-lost friends and meeting new ones. I like watching the interaction and picking who I would like to be around.
Second - I love watching people squirm.... I think that is the cynical side of me --- but it makes me smile to know that people can't just be my friend --- even after two years -- maybe that's a bad thing.... lol
Third - I am loving dinner invitations. It's nice to get away from the parentals once and a while --- but mostly I just enjoy hanging out with different groups. every experience is new and different - and i am learning so much. Plus the cooking skills are fantastic!! I love getting to know the different sides of people - domestic, not, group social or not, healthily or not
Fourth - I love the customers at work -- they are CRAZY!!! someday soon I will create a posting for the many things I learn from them..... a little preview: I am the reason WAMU's stock prices are decreasing..... ;) oh yes -- and I LOVE my job!!! co-workers = fantastic
Fifth - I like doing different things - hanging out with new people - my room (which is unpacked -- finally!!) - going to soccer games to watch my sister play!! (she's awesome....) being around to meet the girls my brother is interested in - helping with Calculus - talking my mom's ear off --- driving with the sunroof open and blasting music w/dianna & britt --- meeting lots of different types of girls - looking at houses...lol well plans... - shopping - movies - driving (new car coming soon!!!!!) FHE, firesides, reading! finally I have time for it all!
Sixth - I love living at home --- it is nice not to wonder if there is anything in the cupboard to make - or who will take you to the store next -- or even if mom will be available. plus my own room -- I mean after being responsible for everything but my cell phone for the past five years --- it's nice to just sit back and worry about other things for a short time. now I won't be here forever - why not enjoy it while I can. although I do miss my own apt quite intensely.......

So in a nutshell -- I do enjoy being home -- don't know if this is where my roots would like to be planted - but I will just have to get used to introducing myself all the time -- and the shock factor that comes with it.... But I do miss Rexburg ---- wow -- I think I'm actually tired..... ;)

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Nice to hear from you after such a long time! Sounds like things are staying interesting :)

Cynthia said...

Hey I thought you dropped out of the blogging world. It's nice to hear things aren't so bad living in Vegas. It would be nice to live at home and have everything taken care of again. It's hard being the mom. So enjoy where you are at in life and know your time will come and it will be perfect the whole journey through!