January 30, 2008

motivation, devo talks and such

"I'm tired of being alone...
so hurry up and get here!"

So I find it interesting that I have more desire to write on here --- than to write in my own personal journal (not a good sign). I am not sure why - but for some reason I don't want to write in my journal. perhaps it is because I know I have alot of catching up to do (ie... write about all the craziness of the past 4 months...) or because it isn't happy news what I have to write -- isn't what I wanted to be writing in my journal about --- or maybe I am just lazy. Whatever be the case - I am going to do it - no matter how long it might take me. (and now that I have written it...it is goal - not a wish or a thought.....) I was thinking about just getting a calendar and pasting it in my journal - writing the various things that happened on the specified date on that - but I suppose that would just be cheating.......

Speaking of cheating --- during my lunch break - the rest of the staff loves watching the court tv shows -- me I'd rather read -- but recently I've been sucked in... anyway This show just reaffirmed my belief that people have the craziest sense of entitlement and ideas on what is right. I swear some of the situations are legit for going to court for --- but others, honestly - I don't think it is even worth it!

oh yeah -- and while I am on the subject of entitlement --- if I have one more customer come in and throw their deposit slip at me - or gawf at me for asking for ID - I think I am going to scream! Come on -- it doesn't matter how long you have banked with a bank --- or how old you are --- or anything - we live in Las Vegas --- you need to show your id everywhere -- and if it really is that much of an annoyance... ahhh! *and also -- not everyone knows you! so why people are offended by the ID request - I have yet to understand!!!!!! ** So please - don't make the poor teller, cashier, or sales person cry! Be kind! Show your id! ;)
I was reading at lunch today Pres. Clark's opening Devo Talk. President Clark always gives good devotionals - and usually he tends to be pretty upfront about certain subjects --- however this one didn't really resemble reprimanding or harshness at all. He talks about the Great War in Heaven - and then Temples. I find it interesting how drawn to the Temple everything I do seems to be recently. Devotional talks, Talks on Sunday seemed to be related to Temples - conversations with friends - and attending the temple open house! Reminds me once again - the little things are so important if I want to achieve my goals! ;)

No comments: