January 22, 2008

rexburg, circles, triangles, snow, and so much more

I was thinking this weekend that it would be wonderful if my life could be like a musical - where we break into song whenever we can. I think that would be so much fun! So many times I would have a song lyric - and tune - pop in my head in response to what people were saying. It is amazing to realize A) how many songs I do know and B) that they are retained and can be recalled that fast. Plus I think I just like to sing - so why not do it all the time! ;)



I had the chance to go to Rexburg this past weekend (JOY for working at a bank and getting all federal holiday's off... seriously -- what more could you want?). I took off Friday and flew up there. I love that there is a direct flight to Idaho Falls From Las Vegas (Allegiant Air Lines.... nice!) it makes my trip only 2 hours instead of 11 or 5. but I very much dislike just sitting on a plane doing nothing --- and then being an hour late for no obvious apparent reason. That is how it was flying up there and back. Now it is winter - so I forgive them -- but really no wonder there was all that hype around Jet Blue leaving passengers on the plane last year! being stuck in a plane is awful, terrible, and tooo warm!

Rexburg itself was freezing cold (yes it snowed...all day Sunday -- ~ a foot and half at least! but it was so pretty and so fluffy!). The Rexburg Temple Open house was by far the highlight of my experience. It was so beautiful - intricate - and I can not wait to be sealed forever there - I was so amazed. It helped put back into perspective what is truly important in life and how each little piece helps make up a magnificent building - so do the little things to build your life!


Another good part about going was I felt like I am finally getting a little further removed from all the hurt and bitter feelings I have been trying to shake. I also was once again reaffirmed that everything will be okay -- and that is it okay to still care for someone - it is really only natural. and -- joy! I didn't want to chuck anyone out windows! def - a positive step in the right direction. (although I am extremely worried for her now -- I hope she is strong enough when/if it all ends......)

I also loved see my friends! My sisters - not by blood - the fabulous roommies that they are! I love midnight talks that last for hours - afternoon talks while trying to figure out how frozen dough works (ps... have you ever make rolls in muffin tins? This bag had it as one of the three options -- it was really bizarre to me...) I love random dates! (Library - 3rd floor - teacher games (ie. manipulative's...tiddly wink type counters, blocks, tangent type blocks (the mosaic type), instruments and so much more!). Dancing -- amazing --- have to find some place to dance down here -- going to go crazy!!!! Car rides - Card Games - word games (...new word...), laughing , dinner--- and colored lights!

I also saw August Rush --- now this is an amazing movie. I honestly was feeling teary through-out the entire thing. Not that it is emotional - I just felt like I could relate so many times. I think I will be buying it soon.


in other news --- I seem to just go in circles in my relationships - if anyone has any suggestions - feel free to let me know! ;)

Lastly - I realized that I have changed and grown a little more than I realized from this past summer. That is comforting to know that I am maybe coming closer to being able to commit some day --- joy!

ps - pictures coming some day - I just can't find my cord to my camera... *sad day*

No comments: