March 6, 2008

almost tragic

Have you ever left your phone at home??


I did it today --- and I felt almost naked with out it.

Kinda silly how dependent we are on our electronic devices! Sometimes I can't remember what life was like before the cell phone, laptop computer, ipods, and other such device in my life. What life was like with out the nagging feeling that I had to answer every phone call or text message that flew my way. I wonder if I could ever learn to live without it? interesting thought...

I had another interesting thought as I was looking on my facebook - I realized how long ago last fall (and summer) seems to be - and yet how real, tangent, and close it still is in my emotions and feelings. How hard I work to move past it - and yet how quickly it can be conjured up, quickly rising right to the surface. I know it will never all go away - and it will forever haunt my dreams - but there are some days - I just feel like me again. I suppose though, until that happens frequently - I am just going to keep reading my books. ;)

1 comment:

Chadster and Brittster said...

You are such a good writer, I love reading your blog. Love you!