March 18, 2008

I miss you...and love blue skies

I miss my roommates intensely. I miss random visits at 11pm. I miss dancing every Wed, Friday and any other time I want. I miss being so overwhelmingly busy that I thought my head would fall off. I miss the one-of-a-kind atmosphere. I miss being hit on by "normal" guys at work - my age. (by my age I mean -- not 40+ and super old - and married and weird and creepy...) I miss spontaneous dance parties - and just activities in general. I miss it being normal to plan at the last minute. I miss couch dancing. I miss being sure. I miss emotional roller coasting - with a purpose. I miss holding hands with two at once. I miss clean-flicks. I miss cliff-jumping, four-wheeling. I miss moseying. I miss walking to work. I actually miss snow (only for a second). I miss late night discussions on why life happens the way it does. I miss roommates who just play with your hair - just because - and somehow make everything better. I miss the intensity of barnyard. I miss knowing what comes next. I miss sleepovers. I miss pretending to cheat at barnyard - and taking everyone's cards. I miss country dancing - and swing dancing. I miss my life.

I love feeling the sunshine on my arms through the window. I love laughing. I love happy music. I love dancing in my living room. I love singing at the top of my lungs in the car. I love spring. I love late night talks. I love listening to customers. I love singing with my brush in the mirror. I love Sunday afternoon walks. I love the beeping sound that means I have a message. I love looking at Vegas from the peace of the Temple. I love hiking. I love sitting on the couch as the sun shines in reading a fantastic book. I love playing the piano and releasing. I love watching the Fountains - esp. when it is a song that I know - so I can sing and dance along. I love driving. I love playing games. I love sunflowers and daisies. I love the feeling of accomplishing something hard. I love putting together activities with people I love. I love cooking for others. I love eating ice cream & milk. I love reading a good book that you can just become a part of. I love going to dance performances, musical performances, theatrical events and coming away feeling like I could do it to. I love the turning of the leaves. I love warm rain. I love dancing in the rain. I love road trips. I love writing. I love learning new things. I love purchasing that pair of pants I forgot I had on. I love new socks. I love getting long letters - or short notes. I love giving them also. I love being around people I love. I love picnics. I love listening to pre-made play lists. I love asking questions. I love listening and comprehending. I love the feeling of church. I love feeling motivated and needed. I love my eyes. I love attending sporting events where I know someone playing. I love planning ahead. I love after the rain when the sun shines creating a rainbow. I love just siting and reading in the Gardens while the water and birds create noise to remind me of what is important. I love figuring out how to balance my life. I love mastering a new dance move. I love finding a new song and listening to it over and over again. I love being confident in my skin. I love sharing good things with others. I love a good game of Settlers - barnyard - or any other game. I love cuddling up and watching a good chick flick. I love finding out that there is an automatic save function. I love rising from the ashes. I love watching the sunrise or the sunset and seeing the array of colors spread across the horizon. I love being me - and having that be enough.

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Great post! I liked that you did two parts :)