November 26, 2008

Books I wish I had written

I was talking to my mom last night about how I wish I could write a book like Twilight - or some of the other fantastic books I have read thus far in my life. My friend Janssen writes for the ALA Blog - and after reading her post - I started to list them in my head.


So here are a few I wish I had written:

Twilight Series
*Genius -- Stephanie Characters that everyone can relate to --- whether you are teenager or have a little more experience with life. I loved that she created a story line that I could not really predict (for the most part).

Ender's Game - and the Series
*Orson Scott Card created some amazing characters - I especially love the Shadow of the Giant and subsequent books on that side of the series. (oh... a new one just came out... it is sitting on the shelf waiting to be read!!)

Dragon Riders of Pern - and the Series
*if you like Science-Fiction/Fantasy -- these are pretty good. Set on Pern - a world far far away - with people from Earth. Very interesting to see how such an initially advanced people digress back into dragons and mid evil Europe type existence. There are TON of books - if you like series - I would recommend this one - it will keep you entertained for at least a month... or three.

Eragon Series
*hmm I am sensing a pattern here - I think I like dragons - and stories about normal people becoming extra-ordinary!

Leven Thumps Series
* yes... yes...

Westing Game
* I just really like this book - it is a mystery. There is a group of heirs trying to figure out who is the true heir. quick read - my favorite since middle school. ;)

Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
* I loved this book --- I wish I had the genius to rewrite a tale so captivating.


hmmm -- other excellent books I have read this year:

*Enna Burning & River Secrets - Shannon Hale
*Book of A Thousand Nights - Shannon Hale -- incredible read!! - she is a genius
*I'd tell you I love you but then I'd have to kill you & it's sequel -- don't know who it was by
*Screwtape letters - CS Lewis --- very difficult read for me... but a good book!
*Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
*City of Sparks - maybe if I had written this one.... I would be a millionaire too -- there is a movie! ;)

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Isn't Shannon Hale just brilliant? I love her writing.