November 17, 2008

ode to cariann

*Note: I started this back in on Sept.24 which is about a week after she had her baby... I wish I could put up some of the first pictures of us... but that was back before digital cameras were not super expensive.... ha!

One of my best friends Cariann just had her first baby - a boy named Devon. So in honor of her -- here are just a few reasons why she is going to be/is an amazing mom!

Cariann and I unofficially met in Horse Back discovery my 1st block of summer semester at BYU-I. She was in 'the other' riding class - so I did not really get to know her. But being the loud person I am - she knew who I was! First day of Second Block I went to Econ and found a seat near the back. It was at the end of the day and to be honest I was just hoping I could sit in the back unnoticed, because I was pretty sure I did not know anyone in the class. Then this girl walked in the room - and looked at her trying to figure out why she looked familiar to me. She saw me - and came right over to see if she could sit in the seat next to me. She wasn't shy or afraid it seemed. We were basically instantly friends - she came over to my apt to do homework/hang-out... and well folks we've been bff since!

Cariann is self-less. Our Junior year we lived together she was my angel. I think they were the busiest semesters I had experienced thus far. She always made sure I had something to eat... even if it was just a Grilled Cheese & shake from Millhollow - she would sneak it up to me in the math lab... angel... I might have died w/o her! She never once forgot about me -- anytime they did anything and I wasn't home -- she would let me know. I know that there were so many times she wanted to strangle me... but she didn't!

Cariann is very organized and clean. She was always cleaning and organizing things. Sometimes she would even organize my piles... ;) She always was doing her best to keep things clean and neat. She taught me, by example, that there is a brighter and happier spirit in a clean and neat home.

Cariann is an amazing listener. I do not know how many nights I talked her to sleep with my 'issues'. We have gone on many walks -- exchanged hundreds of emails - and she always listens to my ridiculousness! She hardly ever interrupts - only when she knows I just need to stop talking. ;)
Cariann loves unconditionally. I know this first hand. While being roommates I was pretty stressed at times. Any time we got upset at each other- she would find some way to apologize or make it better. I loved getting little notes from her! She has loved me at my worst, been the one to just play with my hair, make popcorn, watch sappy movies and tell me it will all be okay - when it seemed like nothing was ever going right.

Cariann is brave. If you want to know more -- just ask her how her and Jeff got together! ;)
Cariann loves the outdoors. Lucky Devan - she will teach him all about it! biking, hiking, snow camping... you name it ;) We even took skiing together!
Cariann enjoys learning. It seems she is always reading, or learning about something new.

Cariann is attentive. She notices everything --- I swear -- she has eyes in the back of her head!

Cariann gives amazing advice. For some reason her advise is usually spot-on. maybe it is just because she knows me so well --- but if she has something to say - it is usually wise to listen!

Cariann loves kids. For this reason alone will she make an amazing mom. She is fantastic with them!
Cariann has an incredible testimony. Her love for the gospel and it's princples defines her character. She is always so diligent at her callings - doing everything she can to fulfil them!
Cariann is also a great cook! I can not tell you how many amazing dishes she makes. and those cookies....... yuuummmmm to DIE for

Cariann is dependable. If she says she is going to do something -- she will do it. Not only does she complete the task, or arrive at the event, but she is early - and creates a product that is even better than you anticipated! She is always going above and beyond the call.
In a nutshell - Cariann is incredible! I wouldn't have relinquished my claim on her to anyone less than Jeff! So congrats!! I love ya! ;)

2 comments:

Cariann said...

Thank you. You always seem to know when someone needs a few kind words! I love you lots and wish we were closer!

Cariann said...

Thank you. You always seem to know when someone needs a few kind words! I love you lots and wish we were closer!