November 17, 2008

Ode to Kim

*So I started this a few weeks ago.... Oct. 31st was Kim's b-day... I'm just a few weeks late! ;)
Today is my sister Kim's 21st Birthday --- soo in here honor here are 21 things about her.

1. Kim is probably one of the best listeners I know. She had the amazing capability to make you feel like you are the only one in the room. If you need someone to listen - ask Kim.
2. Kim is a beautiful dancer. Dancing is something we have in common - but she enjoys 'modern/ballet/lyrical/jazz' much more than me. She is always dancing - I'm not sure if she knows how to 'stand still'.

3. Kim is Loyal.

4. Kim is very creative.

5. Kim is an amazing artist. For Christmas - or maybe my birthday one year she painted me a picture of two ballroom dancers - I love it! She def. has talent there.

6. Kim LOVES music. It seems like she is always looking for new artists and songs. While she and I may not agree on the 'best music' -- I usually come to love her song choices.
7. Kim is dependable. If you ask her to do something, or be somewhere, she will be there...

8. Kim is honest. If that outfit does not match -- do not worry! She will let you know! ;)

9. Kim is very focused. Anything she puts her mind to do - she has accomplished.

10. Kim is the 'grammar natzi'. She loves the English language. She has a hard time whenever she sees a mistake not correcting it. This is esp. beneficial for Kevin - since he can now call upon her to edit his papers! ;)

11. Kim is a photobooth expert! or addict -- take your pick. Every time I go to visit her - I think we take a million pictures with that fantastic little camera on her computer.

12. She loves to read - the Golden Compass/His dark materials is some of her favorite books.
13. She does not really love board games --- but she is a trooper! every holiday it seems my dad wants to play - and she will play - usually conquering the board!
14. Kim has an incredible ear - she can play by ear on the piano. When we were younger my mom had to put us in different piano books b/c she would listen to me practice and then come and play what I had been struggling to play! I am soo jealous of this talent.

15. Kim is the ungirliest girlie girls I know! I swear she can look beautiful in a plain tee-shirt and jeans - with out even trying.
16. French is Kim's preferred second language. If given the chance - she would be in Europe in a heart beat.
17. Kim really loves anything international. International Cinema, Asian culture, United Nations, movies, books, clothing... you name it!
18. Kim is a health nut. I recall a trip to the grocery store - where we stood in the same isle for 10 minutes so she could read the labels of everything saying things like "ahh - that has high fructose corn syrup in it too!!"
19. Kim is an awesome cook. Unlike me - Kim got the create-without-a-recipe gene. She is amazing!
20. Kim is very good at budgeting. I remember when we were younger she always had her Christmas money in June... just waiting for the perfect purchase.

21. Kim is one of my best friends. Amazing to think that we ever didn't get along so fabulously. Luckily I went away to college --- soo then we could be friends! now she is one of the first few people I think to call when I need to chat.

1 comment:

Second Helpings of Life said...

Oh my goodness, how did I not see this before? You are so kind. I want to cry. I love you! You are my best friend!

PS: May I use this as a resume for potential male suitors? ;-) You are THE best.