November 21, 2008

The Much Anticipated Movie

***There is no Spoiler information here... just my little opinion! ;)

Last night I went to the 12:10 showing of Twilight. And to be honest I was excited -but not super excited to see the movie. From the trailers I was not too excited about the actors - I wasn't sure how they could do all the crazy effects - and to be honest how could anyone possibly do Edward justice?!? I also have a pretty active imagination and think that it is always better than the movie. :)

My two cents:
I think that if you have not read the book -- DO SO -- before going to see the movie. The character development in the movie could be a little better. I am curious to hear the opinion of someone who has not read the book - and if they could follow the story line. While developing the characters would probably add about half-hour on to the movie, I think it would be beneficial for those people who would rather "just go see the movie". It would help to understand the interactions between the characters in the movie.

If you are a die-hard Twilight fan -- well -- this movie will never live up to your standards -- let's be honest though! How could it possibly? The books were soo well written. Stephanie Myers is a genius! Going to this movie reminds me of when the first Harry Potter movie came out. I was disappointed b/c it wasn't everything I had imagined! But after some thought I came to the conclusion - it was a good movie.

So here are just a few reasons why Twilight is a good movie:

*Sound track -- is fantastic!
*Actors -- did a pretty good job -- mmm Jacob... cute -- Jasper -- ;) Roselie is beautiful - Alice is fantastic --- Jessica - well portrayed. just to name a few!
*Effects - not too bad
*Background Scenery - beautiful -- I have to go to Washington!!

Do you think they would hire me to play one of the Denali sisters? ;) I think I could do a great job!!

PS I'm still going to go with my mom & sisters next weekend.... soo it must be good! ;)

No comments: